Startup Wiseguys changed it up this past Spring, focusing on Business Tech instead of doing the standard wide open accelerator. BusinessTech seemed to have been a good focus, and the Wiseguys have embezzled ten teams together for their Fall '14 batch who have temporarily relocated from South Africa, Argentina, India, Serbia, Greece, Belarus, Ukraine, Russia, with the remaining two already from Estonia.
With these teams onboard Startup Wise Guys now has 34 portfolio companies from 23 countries. The accelerator counts three B2B portfolio companies as its most recent successes, incuding Cloutex- data integration and synchronization for SaaS services; Monolith - analytics for real-life retail stores; and Vitalfields - data gathering and analysis for farmers, which have raised together over $2m in the first quarter of 2014.
The accelerator offers up to €15,000 - based on the number of founders - in return for 8% equity for its 3+1 month long program kicked off in the accelerator's new office in the Old Town of Tallinn.
“We are excited to see how the new program develops. Even with a focus on business to business sales we have diversity in the program.” Says Calum Cameron, the new managing director at Startup Wise Guys, “Some of our companies have yet to launch their product while others have over 800k monthly users.”
According to Startup Wiseguys, here's each company in their fall batch, as well as their description:
- MetricsCat.com – “Mobile app store analytics and insights”
- HeySuccess.com – “Global hub for all student opportunities”
- ITT – “SaaS product to manage social license compliance for mining companies”
- ChangeAgain.Me – “A/B testing for startups integrated with Google Analytics”
- Wisboo – “ Platform for small and medium businesses to create online education portals”
- Contentivo – “Marketing platform for companies to create and publish content”
- Investly – “Crowdfinancing platform for SME’s”
- PromoRepublic – “Every-day-marketing platform for SMEs”
- Wamager – “Online software to manage construction resources”
- PepperTix – “The promotion tool for event organizers”
After the program is finished Startup Wise Guys has established a relationship with SmartCap, an Estonian VC, which has made available €1,000,000 to invest in Startup Wise Guys alumni companies with a local presence.
Startup Wiseguys has been successful in both promoting and raising the bar of the Tallinn startup scene, so it will be interesting to follow what happens with this next batch. Hopefully we'll get some good stories out of these companies.