Certified Scrum Product Owner Class
Thursday, November 22, 2012 @ 10:00
Kiev, Pymonenko street 13-A, Other
We would like to invite You to participate in the Certified Scrum Product Owner Class (CSPO Classes). CSPO Class will hold one of the founders of Agile methodology, trainer of the first Scrum team, Certified coach by Scrum Alliance- Jeff McKenna!
This course is ideal for managers, product managers, analysts, testers, and others who represent and are expected to understand the desires of users and customers on agile projects. You will leave with solid knowledge of how and why Scrum works and of your role on the project. Through practical, hands-on exercises and small-group discussion you will be prepared to plan your first (or next) sprint immediately after this class. You will leave prepared to guide a Scrum team to success. And you will be ready to be a strong Product Owner. ScrumMasters also need this course, because they must coach Product Owners in these skills.
The learning objectives of this course is to understand:
• the Scrum Flow, the core component of the Scrum Framework and the Scrum vokabulary
• the principles of empirical process control
• the work culture Scrum creates
• the scope of the Product Owner role in detail
• the scope of the ScrumMaster role at a high level
• the scope of the Team role at a high level
• the relationship between vision and product roadmap
• that the accuracy of an estimate is more important than the precision of the estimate
• that estimates of size and duration can be done separately
• the impact of pressuring team members to provide low estimates
• product backlog grooming
• the importance and benefits of prioritizing the product backlog
• the implications of saying everything is mandatory
• that proper prioritization of a product backlog is based on multiple factors
• how much latitude to give a team in adjusting the sequence of work
• the goal of release management
• that planning is adaptive, iterative, and collaborative
• why quality is frozen and the concept of technical debt
• why software should be released early and frequently
• velocity and release burndown chart
• how the Product Owner and Development Team collaborate during the Sprint
• what team commitment means
• why sprints are timeboxed and protected
• how does Scrum address the common challenges of change, budget constraints, and quality that are paramount to any IT project?
• what is the role of the Product Owner within Scrum?
• how does a Product Owner best partner with a development team to collaborate towards building a high quality product?
• how does a Product Owner manage and communicate the scope and vision of a product?
• how does a Product Owner best take advantage of the iterative, incremental nature of Scrum to deliver value sooner?
We act accordingly to all the ScrumAlliance rules of the CSPO class.
Registration is open!
Upon successful completion of this course each participant will be enrolled as a Certified Scrum Product Owner, which includes a one-year Scrum Alliance membership which includes access to exclusive resource on the Scrum Alliance website.
More information: http://scrummaster.com.ua
View all events