Senior Game Server EngineerSongHi Entertainment Ltd, Helsinki
Helsinki, Finland http://www.songhientertainment.com/
How to apply
Last application date24/11/2013
SongHi is an independent cross-platform game development studio building addictive Music-Based Free-to-Play games. We are looking for a Senior Game Server Engineer who can develop cutting edge, scalable server solutions. The Senior Game Server Engineer will work closely with Product Managers and solution experts to help define and implement key features. In addition we are looking for a Junior Game Server Engineer.
You should be a motivated server engineer with experience in back-end game development. You will be responsible for creating and managing a traditional free-to-play game server, integrating analytics, and building games systems for various game platforms (starting with mobile). We are looking for an individual who likes working in a small, agile, and efficient team. You should be willing to give feedback, be involved in the product lifecycle, and strong desire to make games.
Server Engineer Required Skillset
- The main programming languages we're using are Java (including Java EE) and Scala.
- Some of our tools have been implemented in Ruby.
- Strong Java background is required, Scala knowledge is desirable, but eagerness to learn Scala is enough.
- On the database layer we're using MySQL and MongoDB. Basic knowledge of SQL is required.
- MongoDB knowledge is optional.
- Our services are hosted in Amazon cloud and in Softlayer on Ubuntu servers. Experience in similar systems is a plus.
- Basic Linux skills are required; you must feel comfortable working in Linux environment.
- You are preferably familiar with basic system administration tasks like installation of Ubuntu OS, package management etc.
- We're using Git and Subversion as our version control systems. You should be familiar with either of these.