Traineeship - European Investment Fund (EIF)European Investment Fund, EU
Duration of traineeship: 3-5 months, ideally starting 3rd March 2014
// Objective of traineeship: //
Assignment in the Regional Business Development Department.
The trainee will gain practical experience of mandate management activities within the Northern Europe region and especially Sweden. This department works closely with authorities within Member States to design, develop and execute investment program activities through EIF core product areas.
The detailed objectives are:
Gain experience and contribute to the business development activities of EIF's cooperation with Ministries, Managing Authorities and National agencies within Member States.
Become familiar with mandate preparation and execution phases of particular mandate activities in Northern Europe including leading the process of performing market research for specific markets.
"Create a database of fund manager entities across the Nordic region through utilising internal and external sources."
// Responsibilities: //
Under the supervision of a Regional Business Development Manager, s/he will be assigned to tasks such as:
• Desk-based research: Create a database of fund manager entities across the Nordic region through utilising internal and external sources.
• Preparation: Participate within the structured preparation process of mandate activities with the assigned authorities within Member States, particularly Sweden.
Assist the established 'ex-ante market analysis assessment' process with the Managing Authorities selected consultants.
Support in the time-sensitive process of mandate development through both internal and external decision making levels.
• University degree, with studies oriented towards either Business, Finance or Economics;
• First experience in investment management practices either within a professional investment management firm or banking organisation would be an advantage;
• Knowledge and interest in the ecosystem for the financing of start-up companies would be an asset;
• Excellent knowledge of the standard office tools;
• Excellent knowledge of written and spoken Swedish and English; ability to work in other EU languages would be considered an advantage.
• Strong writing, numerical and analytical skills
• Attention to detail
• Team spirit
• Good interpersonal skills