Director of Technical operationsWauwaa, Helsinki or London
How to apply
Interested? Please send your CV and resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last application date15/04/2014
wauwaa.com is an event based e-commerce destination and information hub targeting new parents and growing families. We are seeking for a Director of Technical operations to support our expansion.
You will play a central role in the team, ensuring our web service delivers the best possible experience for its users. In this role, you will be asked to focus on the following tasks:
1. To be responsible for the project management. In this role you are taking care of the change request and deliverable.
2. To support our management when it comes to technical partner analysis and management.
3. To be a hands-on person with a deep technical understanding and experience, you will be required to directly develop and maintain some of the needed features.
In terms of professional experience we are looking for a talented person with a proven track record in terms of Drupal development (back end and front end) and 2-3 years of experience in terms of project management using Agile methodology. Prior experience with Ecommerce site is considered as a big plus
To succeed in this role you possess
- Drupal hands-on experience
- Ecommerce development as a developer
- Mobile and Mcommerce experience from a development and conceptualization point of view
- Project management (Agile) experience
- Solid practical knowledge of social media tool and marketing automation
- Prior experience with SQL/MySQL
- Prior experience with data model and data management
- Expertise in maintaining and scaling an Ecommerce website (hosting, CDN, security, performance)
In addition to this it would be a big advantage if you would understand what multi-channel marketing strategy means in a digital word and have the following experiences:
- Interfacing databases with CRM
- API development
- System integration
- Mobile Ecommerce
Finally it would be stellar if you would have
- Been building in a previous life some gamification layer, such as loyalty program
- A clear vision of what social shopping could be
As a person, you are an energetic, problem solving oriented with a strong “can do” attitude. As we evolve in an international environment, prior experience working in a matrix organization and dealing with a geographically dispersed team is seen as an advantage.
We appreciate and reward people able to be ahead of the curve and willing to make a difference in a fast pace environment.
Why Joining us?
- We are building a company from scratch and this is fun
- We have big plans to build a unique service for new and growing families on a global scale
- We want to keep online shopping simple, easy and enjoyable, as it should be
Location: This is a full time position in Helsinki, Finland or London, UK.Job Type: Full time