Game Economy DesignerGameloft Oy, Helsinki
Helsinki, Finland http://www.gameloft.com/
How to apply
For further information and applications, please contact Arja Martikainen at +358407621564 or arja.martikainen(at)barona.fi
Last application date20/04/2014
As a Game Economy Designer, your responsibility is to understand how a game works as a service for its customers and how the customers behave in it, identifying and developing the purchase drivers in the game economy context, and providing constant data-driven recommendation on design, tuning and pricing in order to improve game financial performance.
To do this, pre-release, you are able to design the virtual products a game will offer, define metrics that allow you to individually measure their impact in a given title, and work closely with the development team to see those design refined and metrics implemented.
Once he game is launched, you are able to analyze the collected data and report which are the performing/underperforming aspects of the game economic model, why, and provide solutions to Gameloft management.
Your day to day duties include:
- Defining the virtual products and their statistics with the development team, and understanding how each of them contributes to the game dynamics;
- Identifying the potential sale drivers for the different product categories in the game economy, defining the key points of exposure for those drivers;
- Balancing the needs for those virtual products, their relation, life cycle, and their streams of availability;
- Managing pricing as to create specific price point roles, implement selling strategies for higher price points;
- Regularly provide user feedback and stat/price point tuning to development team
based on play-testing, both during game development and post-release;
- Analyze the evolution of the metrics you defined to spot both monetization bottlenecks and facilitators, then report suggestions for the game design or strategy accordingly.
This is a position requiring a mix of strong economy and marketing knowledge with passion for analytical game design and the emerging free-to-play business model.
- Strong sensitivity to gameplay and game design, understanding how to build needs and emotions in the context of a game;
- Strong analytical and formal thinking, able to break problems down in their key variables and identify the relations between them;
- Strong econometrics skills, able to model problems into quantitative systems, and
draw qualitative conclusions out of quantitative data;
- Statistic knowledge, able to formulate ratios and indexes specific to each game,
identifying specific weaknesses and strengths in its economy design;
- Strong marketing knowledge, able to formulate adequate selling strategies to improve the financial performance;
- Understanding of client/server architecture and data collecting pipeline and mining.
- Fluent written and spoken English, concise writing skills;
- Mastery of Excel;
- Deep, up-to-date knowledge of the free-to-play market, both web-based and on smartphones;
- Passion for games on all existing formats: board games, card games, sports, paper RPGs, gambling, all genres of videogames with special focus on MMOs and competitive games.
- Graduate degree in Economics or BA, preferably specialized in Marketing or Strategic direction;
- Previous experience in econometrics / data mining;
- Mastering of UI prototyping tools such as Flash;
- Experience in community managing, marketing or product manager;
- Previous experience as game designer, social designer or gambling designer;
- Advanced understanding of SQL.
Why Join Us
- We are one of the leaders of the mobile gaming industry, an industry that's been seeing an explosive growth and shows no signs of slowing down;
- We always push to have the most advanced games on any platform we ever work on;
- We always manage to find a way to really keep game making fun, as it should be
Location: This is a full time position in Helsinki, Finland.
The stages of the selection process include home tests and personal or Skype interviews afterwards.
To an ideal candidate we will offer a competitive salary and benefits package and challenging work in a very skilled and highly motivated team. When you apply, please include your CV, short motivation letter along with your salary request. Link to your portfolio/work samples is highly appreciated. Please apply by 20th of April 2014.Job Type: Full time