Game DesignerGameloft Oy, Helsinki
Helsinki, Finland http://www.gameloft.com/
How to apply
For further information and applications, please contact Arja Martikainen at +358407621564 or arja.martikainen(at)barona.fi
Last application date20/04/2014
If you can understand the mechanics of a game and you can explain them... If you have ever spent hours arguing about game rules? If the story is no longer important for you and you wondered what makes a game fun. Or if you can talk for hours for your passion: games...
Then you might have what it takes to be a Game Designer. Come and see!
- Design fun and immersive gameplay mechanics, features and story;
- Benchmarking: Documentation and analyzing abilities;
- Intelligent behavior design, using general game concepts to create inspired and original environments;
- Team coordination: Coordinating graphics and development teams assigned to the project with the producer.
- Fluent written and spoken English, concise writing skills;
- Strong knowledge of basic rules of game design (gameplay, learning curve, creating emotion, difficulty balancing, rhythm, reward);
- Think creatively and have a passion for making games;
- Good general knowledge (history, literature, science, entertainment) and a sense of aesthetics for creating general style guides;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work well in groups, including strong interpersonal skills;
- Able to convey ideas concisely and as part of a detailed analysis, and to clearly formalize complex concepts and ideas;
- Able to illustrate and/or prototype your ideas visually using standard industry production tools (Photoshop, Flash, Sketch-up, 3D Studio Max, Unity, Blitz, etc.);
- High visual creativity and passion for creating video games;
- Knowledge of classic console video games, their flagship titles and their audience;
- Knowledge of programming languages (object-oriented and natural language programming) is a plus;
- Leadership, motivation and ability to communicate as part of the project development team;
- Able to listen to feedback from other people and constantly critique your work to achieve the best possible quality;
- Previous level design experience and/or working experience on PC or consoles (DS, PSP, Wii) is a major plus.
Why Join Us
- We are one of the leaders of the mobile gaming industry, an industry that's been seeing an explosive growth and shows no signs of slowing down;
- We always push to have the most advanced games on any platform we ever work on;
- We always manage to find a way to really keep game making fun, as it should be.
Location: This is a full time position in Helsinki, Finland.
The stages of the selection process include home tests and personal or Skype interviews afterwards.
To an ideal candidate we will offer a competitive salary and benefits package and challenging work in a very skilled and highly motivated team. When you apply, please include your CV, short motivation letter along with your salary request. Link to your portfolio/work samples is highly appreciated. Please apply by 20th of April 2014.Job Type: Full time