Software Engineer, Mobile SolutionsGE Healthcare, Helsinki
, Finland https://www2.gehealthcare.com/portal/site/usen/gehchome/
How to apply
Please submit your application ASAP here: http://jobs.gecareers.com/job/Helsinki-Software-Engineer%2C-Mobile-Solutions-Job/62761000/
Last application date01/06/2014
What do you envision for your future? At GE Healthcare, we strive to see life more clearly. Our "healthymagination" vision for the future invites the world to join us on our journey as we continuously develop innovations focused on reducing healthcare costs, increasing access and improving quality and efficiency around the world.
We are an $18 billion unit of General Electric Company (NYSE: GE), employing more than 52,000 people worldwide and serving healthcare professionals in more than 100 countries. We believe in our strategy - and we'd like you to be a part of it. As a global leader, GE can bring together the best in science, technology, business and people to help solve one of the world's toughest challenges and shape a new age of healthcare.
Something remarkable happens when you bring together people who are committed to making a difference - they do!
At work for a healthier world.
GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
Follow us on Twitter, join our LinkedIn Group or become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community. Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog.
Posted Position Title: Software Engineer, Mobile Solutions
Career Level: Experienced
Join our Advanced Technology Development team developing innovative medical device solutions. Healthcare is moving from wired devices and wired patient sensors to wireless and wearable systems. We are looking for an experienced software engineer to work on platform and connectivity solutions between the patient monitor and body wearable sensors. The Software Engineer has responsibilities extending to the development of embedded software in the various subsystems of the data chain.
Essential Responsibilities: Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Develop software for Cortex M-series CPUs for sensor data acquisition
- Build a good maintainable sw platform build on a real time operating system
- Develop drivers for all input and outputs of patient wearable device
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- 5 years of industry experience in the design, implementation, and testing of embedded software solutions
- Experience in object oriented design methodology and C/C++ programming languages
- Experience in software platform, advanced applications, user-interface design and/or systems engineering
- Demonstrated ability to work with a global team with good English communication skills
- Working knowledge in configuration management tools
EU work permit
- Master degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- Experience in platform and application development with Cortex M-series processors
- Experience in measurement data acquisition systems
- Knowledge of small footprint real time operating systems like Free-RTOS
- Experience in software development to minimize power consumption of mobile wireless systems
- Exceptional organizational, problem solving and detail orientation skills EU work permit
Please submit your application ASAP!Job Type: Full time