Natural Language Processing GuruIDT Messaging, Helsinki, Finland
Helsinki, Finland http://idtmessaging.com
How to apply
Please submit your free form application and CV on our company website at: http://bit.ly/1pViT0X
Last application date10/09/2014
We are looking for a Machine Learning / Natural Language Processing (NLP) guru to join our MagicWords team. Our MagicWords technology processes more than 5 billion text messages a year and seeks to identify meaning and provide contextual links within these messages. You will lead our efforts to deploy natural language processing techniques to increase the breadth and accuracy of the MagicWords service.
You have prior experience in extracting meaning from text data, and you are thrilled by the opportunities provided by modern AI techniques in textual context analysis in messaging applications and beyond. Your job will include developing, implementing and improving text processing algorithms that enable extracting the meaning from user conversations and the surrounding context data. You love to learn by doing and have a strong passion for improving your algorithms and code to match demanding semantic and contextual processing scenarios.
You are a strong communicator and express your ideas clearly, you are able to both design and implement advanced machine learning and text processing algorithms in a fast-paced startup environment.
We require that you
- Possess a proven track record in machine learning applications
- Have a strong background in natural language processing techniques
- Have in-depth understanding of Bayesian statistics
- Are ideally familiar with ways of using existing ontology databases, and various existing tools and libraries to speed up your work
- Are able to extract meaning from texts using the above techniques
- Are passionate about practical applications of various AI techniques, including new and upcoming AI methods (such as deep learning, for example)
- Have strong academic and/or engineering background in the relevant fields
- Ideally have experience developing systems that require high availability / high throughput
- Possess fluency in C, C++, Python
- Are comfortable in a rapid-iteration start-up environment
- Have some experience / exposure with: NoSQL databases (Redis, CouchBase, etc), Search technologies (Solr, Lucene, ElasticSearch), and AWS
- Have a personality
- A no nonsense attitude
- Semi nice view of the Helsinki skyline
- Great colleagues
- International work environment
- Unlimited challenges
Join us for a great opportunity to apply your machine learning and natural language processing knowledge in developing exciting technology - this position allows you to have a real effect on a product used by millions of users.
This position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate has been found so don’t hesitate any longer – aim high and send your application right now!
We look forward to hearing from you!
IDT Messaging is powering a revolution in text messaging. Our platform and applications provide group conversation, IP-based messaging, media sharing, online access, SMS backwards compatibility, cloud storage and more. MagicWords, our patented context engine for mobile messaging, makes messaging more compelling for consumers and provides a new monetization opportunity. IDT Messaging is a subsidiary of IDT Corporation, a publicly traded (NYSE: IDT) global telecommunications and technology company. For more information visit www.idtmessaging.comJob Type: Full time