Machine Learning Expert / Data ScientistNosto, Helsinki, Finland
Helsinki, Berlin, London, Stockholm, Finland www.nosto.com
How to apply
If you feel you can bring something special to the Nosto team, we’d love to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be quick - We're already interviewing candidates for this position!
Last application date15/09/2014
Does transforming the way a trillion dollar industry operates sound like an exciting challenge? Do you thrive on having a huge impact and a high level of responsibility and accountability? Great, you’ll fit right in.
Founded in Helsinki, Finland, in 2011, Nosto’s mission is to transform the way people shop online by personalising the online shopping experience. With a “plug and play” implementation Nosto enables online stores of all size to benefit from its technology - automating marketing activities and increasing conversion, customer retention and store revenues as a result. Nosto transforms boring online stores into rich, personalised shopping experiences. Nosto currently works with 1200 online stores around the world and is expanding rapidly across Europe.
- Nosto is hiring a Machine Learning Expert / Data Scientist in Helsinki, Finland -
Nosto is seeking a machine learning expert to improve and develop our core offering further. We are looking for data analyst with strong academic background and expertise in the field of machine learning combined with ability to deliver from concepts to working solutions. You will work with the core product team as a machine learning expert within a collaborative agile development team.
The R&D team is responsible for building Nosto’s SaaS offering, an online marketing & recommendations engine targeted mainly for online retailers. The service already responds to over 100M requests daily and is being built for a lot larger scale. Your work involves recognizing behavioural patterns, analyzing large quantities of data and existing algorithms to provide interesting insights to data and to find places for improvement in our algorithms and offering. The team is highly technical and pulls together to get things done. The approach for building the system is agile, new versions of the service are usually deployed every day.
In short we are seeking a machine learning expert / data scientist with strong academic background in machine learning / data analysis.
- Improve & develop our core offering further.
- Analyse, measure and improve our recommendation algorithms.
- Improve our tooling and practices around controlled experiments.
- Develop new views to the data that bring new insights.
- Distill data into meaningful KPIs for customers.
- Be an active participant in evaluating and building new offerings on top of our core platform.
- Guide and mentor other members of the team during the building of these new offerings.
- PhD or PhD student in the field of machine learning / data mining, preferably in recommender systems
- Good knowledge of recommender systems
- Good knowledge of statistics
- Familiar with statistical / machine learning tools like Python(numPy, SciPy…), R, Matlab/Octave or similar. We are eager to find even better tools for the job!
- Fluency in English.
What we respect
- e-Commerce experience
- Experience with web analytics and BI tools
- Experience with distributed systems and high transaction volumes
- Experience with information retrieval & data mining over large data sets
What we offer
- Environment which believes highly in pushing boundaries by trying new things, experimenting, measuring and finally deploying scalable algorithms.
- We believe that you should be idealist during the initial research part and becoming more and more pragmatic as we move towards the development part.
- You will be working with real and live data and your work will have direct effect to millions of users.
- Inspiring working environment within a supportive team.