DevOps EngineerNosto, Helsinki, Finland
Helsinki, Berlin, London, Stockholm, Finland www.nosto.com
How to apply
If you think you have what it takes to join the Nosto team and grow our business in a new market, send us your CV and cover letter via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be quick - We're already interviewing candidates for this position!
Last application date15/09/2014
Does transforming the way a trillion dollar industry operates sound like an exciting challenge? Do you thrive on having a huge impact and a high level of responsibility and accountability? Great, you’ll fit right in.
Founded in Helsinki, Finland, in 2011, Nosto’s mission is to transform the way people shop online by personalising the online shopping experience. With a “plug and play” implementation Nosto enables online stores of all size to benefit from its technology - automating marketing activities and increasing conversion, customer retention and store revenues as a result. Nosto transforms boring online stores into rich, personalised shopping experiences. Nosto currently works with 1200 online stores around the world and is expanding rapidly across Europe.
- Nosto is hiring a DevOps Engineer Helsinki, Finland -
Nosto is seeking an enthusiastic DevOps Engineer who has strong experience in building high-availability, high-scale systems. We are looking for very strong Linux and system administration skills. You will work with the core-product team as a DevOps Engineer within a collaborative agile development team. You’ll be responsible for keeping our systems up and running and have the ability to shape the future our operations.
The R&D team is responsible for building Nosto’s SaaS offering, an online marketing & recommendations engine targeted mainly for online retailers. The service is a high-availability and high-throughput system, it already responds to over 100M requests daily, and it is being built for much larger scale use. The work involves lots of green-field development and solving interesting problems. The team is highly technical and pulls together to get things done. The approach for building the system is agile, new versions of the service are usually deployed multiple times a week.
In short, we are seeking for an experienced DevOps Engineer who can innovate and execute on good ideas while keeping the systems up and running. We focus on good engineering and shipping cool stuff, while having a fun time doing it.
- Building and improving the cloud infrastructure that Nosto runs on
- Maintaining and developing our configuration management
- Keeping our servers up-to-date and patched with the latest security updates
- Performance testing and trying out new cool stuff to make sure we can keep up with the growth
- Participate in on-call rotation duties for operations
- Preferably more than 5 years of experience in Linux system administration
- Prior experience with cloud-based services or virtualization
- Robust understanding of networking (routing, firewalls etc.)
- Development background in Ruby or other scripting languages
- Familiarity with system management tools (Chef, Puppet, Salt, etc.)
- More important than experience with a particular set of tools is attitude
What we respect:
- You understand the importance and impact that good operations can have on the product
- You do get what “infrastructure as code” stands for
- You know how to scale a solution instead of just upgrading to more powerful hardware
- You have high standards and pride in your work
- Participation in open source projects is a big plus
What we offer:
- You’ll be part of the Nosto core team
- Office at beautiful and safe Helsinki city center
- A salary, which keeps experienced professional satisfied money-wise
- A new dream job that you didn’t thought existing