Data EngineerEniram, Helsinki
Helsinki, Finland http://www.eniram.fi/
How to apply
Last application date26/08/2014
Eniram develops applications that are installed and used onboard commercial vessels. The system collects data from onboard automation, navigation and engines which is then transferred and stored in databases at our onshore data center. Stored data is furthermore processed to provide more insight to the performance of the vessels and fleets of vessels.
We are currently looking for a
Data Engineer. As data engineer you will be responsible of our data service including a variety of tasks ranging from validation of source data, creating optimization models, verification of the results, to the monitoring of the process itself. There is strong emphasis on ability to interpret the results of statistical modeling and performance optimization.
Depending on your personal skills and ambitions the role can also be extended into further development of the processing tools.
To be successful in the role you must have
• Degree in relevant field of engineering
• Skills in statistical modeling and analysis, optimization, or digital signal processing
• Experience on mathematical tools and methods (e.g. Matlab, NumPy, R)
• Experience working in a Linux environment (basic commands and tools, scripting)
• Punctual with strong organizational skills, team working attitude, good accuracy and attention to detail
• Experience in programming (preferably Python) is considered as advantage
For the right candidate we offer
• Fulltime and permanent position
• Interesting work in a capable team in an international environment
• Flexible working hours
• Good opportunities for professional development and the latest tools of the industry
• Good benefits (cell phone, free gym, health insurance etc.)
• Relaxed and nice colleagues
The position requires a good command of English, mainly written. Applicants must have the right to work in Finland without restriction. The position will be filled as soon as possible.
To apply, please send your application in English including a CV and salary request by 20.09.2014.Job Type: Full time