Linux Kernel DeveloperTuxera, Helsinki, Finland
Helsinki, Finland http://www.tuxera.com/
How to apply
Last application date30/09/2014
Tuxera is the leading provider of software that allow music, pictures, videos and other content to be ported across mobiles, tablets, home entertainment, consumer, industrial or any other electronics. Tuxera’s industry-standard file system solutions for Android, Linux, Mac OS X and other platforms have hundreds of millions installations. Close collaboration with industry leaders ensures reliable compatibility and helps to set high standard in performance, low power use for embedded and mobile solutions. For more information, please visit www.tuxera.com
Tuxera is looking for an exceptional software engineer who has the passion for solving challenging problems in cutting-edge file system technologies. Tuxera designs NTFS, exFAT, FAT, HFS+ and other file systems for Linux, Android, Mac OS X, Windows Embedded, QNX, Nucleus, VxWorks and other popular operating systems.
You will participate in the design and implementation of brand name mobile phones, car entertainment systems, set-top boxes and storage products, which are empowered by Tuxera file systems. The code you write will run on millions of electronics devices every day.
The candidate is a hardworking software engineer who has a genuine passion for results and can achieve them both independently and as a member of a geographically distributed development team. You can take leadership for developing new file system features for robust, scalable, high-performance systems.
- Work on the design, implementation and support of Tuxera’s file system technologies
- Problem and performance analysis and debugging
- Work with the development team to support customers with their upcoming products
- Expert in C and Assembly programming languages
- Expert in Linux kernel development (VFS, MM, block layer, debugging, profiling, etc.)
- Knowledge of file systems and operating systems kernel internals
- Proven ability to work on a fast-paced and diverse development environment
- NTFS, FAT, exFAT, HFS+ or other file systems
- Android, Mac OS X, Windows Embedded, QNX, Nucleus or other Operating Systems
- Embedded development
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or equivalent skills
- Dynamic work environment, with flexible working hours.
- Laptop, smartphone, health insurance, lunch coupons, and more.
How to apply:
This position is full-time and located at Tuxera headquarters in Ruoholahti, Helsinki, Finland. To apply, please click on the link below and include your CV and some sample source code that shows your skills.